A horizontal structural member that supports vertical loads. It may consist of several pieces.
Depth: 4″, 6″, 8″, 10″, & 12″
Finishes: Red Oxide Primer & Pre-coated galvanized
Lengths: Bay spacing up to 40′
Usages: “C” Girts are used for headers, “Z” Girts elsewhere secondary framing system to attach and support wall covering.
- Gauge, depth, spacing & wind load combinations limit girts to a maximum of 40′ bays or shorter.
- Girt clips welded to frame.
- Flush girts with girt face in the same plane as column face.
- Combinations of size, gauge & spacing.
- Standard girt spacing, first girt at 7′ 3 3/4″ and maximum of 6′ there after. Other spacing available for design.
- Pre-painted, factory baked red oxide finish.
- Bypass Girts
- Low girt option available on request at 3′ 6″
- Quicker Erection
- Greater interior clearance, easier interior finish.
- Optimum design and economical pricing.
- Fits doors, etc., optimal design.
- Smooth, attractive appearance, improved adherence & durability.
- More Efficient Design
- Stiffening of the wall section, and satisfying high wind conditions.